How we grew up…!?
The journey of MCCP website commenced way back in 2008 under the leadership of Clarence Pinto, then president of the Mangalorean Catholic Centre of the Parish (MCCP – Sts. Peter & Paul Church, Ruwi). In the subsequent year, the mantle of the website was handed over to Suraj Rebello, the President of the year 2009-2010; a dynamic leader and sports personality of the community and parish. Suraj a trendsetter, going with the wind through his innovative thoughts, along with his team strived to elevate the website to higher level and received accolades from the viewers.
The changes in technically re-modulation were eminent in the coming year. The challenge was taken and was executed. In the 20th anniversary year of MCCP, under the stewardship of Stanley Fernandes (fondly known as DATTU – the Big Bro); the Website team headed by Clarence Pinto; evolved with a new face catering to various categories and topics meeting the diversified interests of the community members and also to reach globally through online events.
As the technology keeps moving forward with innovativeness and development, so also the core committee of MCCP felt the need to revive MCCPOMAN with new look online, being abreast with modern technology and updated information; which will be attracting the visitors worldwide, thus satisfying the varied interests of all age group; without compromising on the culture and tradition followed till this day.
April 5th 2013, the Easter Bash event is a perfect platform to launch the re-engineered and re-designed MCCPOMAN website with a new face lift. The new dimension in this year is executed by the dedicated team of the community – headed by . Prescilla Menezes, a multi-talented lady with a proven ability to bring viewer friendly changes in various cultural presentation and social events. Prescilla, a vibrant lady Toastmaster, (Ex-General Secretary of MCCP) is the Editor-in-chief of the website with effect from this year. The strong pillars Clarence Pinto and Suraj Rebello at the Helm of affairs as Hon. Editors will be supporting to steer the website management effectively. Lawrence Alva the President of MCCP along with his team, have supported well to make it happen and achieve this milestone.
An insight – What MCCPOMAN has in store??
The various columns are handled by experienced personalities with a great flair in writing and diligent aptitude to serve the community.
- SPIRITUALITY column, an exclusive column to focus on the spiritual subjects, is handled by Richard Mascarenhas – an active member of the various communities in the Parish.
- BrainQ & IQ Competitions – Celine D Souza, an ebullient and leading toastmaster, is in-charge of the column of competitions which has high viewership and participation. To increase the Intelligent Quotient, Celine has introduced BrainQ corner featuring educative and informative articles.
- KUZNANTHLEM POKVAN (Tickle My Senses) – Sharmila D’Silva, a well known persona in the community for her graceful flavored cuisine of the Mangalorean tradition, has given a popular look to Kuznanthlem Pokvan since last two years. Her Recipes have acclaimed high appreciation and readership not only in the community but also in other communities also. She, with her family, is sponsoring the monthly cookery competitions so that the talented chefs can share their recipe with the World.
- ROUND UP – Reena Mathias, a Toastmaster and affectionate writer, through her expertise since yester years will be kindling the varied interest through the articles happening around us catering to all age group, A perfect fit to handle Round Up blog,.
- EVENTS – Melita Alva – A vibrant talented Toastmaster, at a high speed proved her potential skillfulness, involving herself in different avenues at the events. She will supervise the column ‘Events’. The column will cover not only the events of the Mangalorean Community in Oman, but also country-wide that is connected to the roots of Mangalore…!
- KONKANI SOUNSAR – Clarence Pinto (Kaikamba) a talented poet and writer having won numerous awards and appreciations for his contributions; a Classic Master of the Ceremony with super diction and fluent flair for Konkani Language will lead this column. This column will offer some good inspiration to the Konkani writers in Oman to utilize their talents and abilities in the Konkani literature.
- YOUTH TUBE – a young, energetic, vibrant, techno savvy youth of the community Jason Rodrigues who is also the webmaster for this website is handling ‘YOUTH TUBE’ column; catering to the interests of youth.
- DOMINA TOASTMASTERS – A platform created for the talented ladies of the community by the MCCP, to groom them as competent and confident communicators, with a belief that a woman can bridge the generation gap through her confident & effective communication. The blog is handled by the Secretary and Vice President (PR) of the DOMINA CLUB; portraying their educational sessions, contests, achievements and activities carried out in their meetings.
- Advertising & Marketing – a very important portfolio to handle the Advertising & Marketing, that would support the website management duly progressing with the pace of modern technology and current generation’s viable requirements. A befitting proficient lady Mariete Fernandes always on the feet … busy as a bee, very affable matured persona involved in numerous social and spiritual activities has worn the mantle of this responsible position. Proposal to promote social projects and events eventually is on her cards
- PHOTOGRAPHY – Renowned photographers of world famous website, www.daijiworld.com and www.mangalorean.com; Dilip Correa, Joachim D Souza, Gerwyn Dias and Arun Jivraj Lobo are supporting the website with their brilliant photography talents.
- TECHNICAL SUPPORT – A proficient web designer Arun Godwin Valdar (the design of this new webpage is to his credit); along with eminent IT Professional Jason Rodrigues – the webmaster of MCCPOMAN, will assist and support the site technically.
Several others have contributed their time and efforts to make this happen and reach this far since 2008. The team thankfully acknowledges their selfless service.
What makes MCCPOMAN connected….!
MCCPOMAN is a one stop point to stay connected with the roots… through the links provided to popular Magazines, Dailies and Weeklies of the hometown Mangalore. News links and other hyperlinks to entertainment world, sports, friend’s network, etc… that save lot of time from surfing individual portals, will apparently make the readers visit MCCPOMAN over and over again and stay connected ALWAYS…
A HOME….., away from home.
Regular & Frequent visits and comments from the Visitors, will tread MCCPOMAN a long way, emerging into new dimension and horizon.. A need of the time to stay connected with the roots and the globe, perpetually.