Famous worldwide Indian dish with mild spices and fragrant aroma
Adjust heat as per your preference. Watch video below for full instruction
- Fish fillets – 2 remove all thorns
- Onion – 1/2 finely chopped
- Ginger & Garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Egg – 2. 1 beaten for dipping & 1 for mixture
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Chilly powder – 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Bread Crumbs – 1/2 cup spread on a plate
- Coriander (finely chopped)
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tsp lemon juice
Oil – for frying
- Boil the fish for 2-3 minutes till cooked.
- Remove the fish from the water and shred it into small pieces.
- Reserve water for soup.
- Heat oil in a small skillet and saute the onions, ginger and garlic till brown.
- Add the masala powder and stir well don’t burn it.
- Add the shredded fish to it.
- Add lemon juice and coriander.
- Add salt as per taste.
- Keep stirring the mixture until it becomes very dry. This is essential for the cutlets to bind together very well.
- Once the above mixture is cool enough to handle, add one raw egg to it. Mix everything nicely with hands.
- Beat another egg in a bowl. Bread crumbs in another plate and keep aside.
- Now Make small round balls out of the cutlet mixture and press and make into cutlets.
- Dip in the egg & then the bread crumb and shallow fry in a pan with little oil.
Once brown on both sides remove and serve.
Tip: Make sure you don’t burn the masala. You can make this mixture and refrigerate and make the cutlet when you want to.
Also please adjust heat as per your preference.
Try this recipe with chutney or sauce of your choice as a starter or with rice and curry.
Courtesy : Indian Curry Recipez