Famous worldwide Indian dish with mild spices and fragrant aroma
Adjust heat as per your preference.
Mixer Grinder Ingredients:
- 2 tspn cumin seeds
- 2 tspn coriander seeds
- 2 tbspn ginger & garlic paste
- 1 tspn turmeric
- 1 tspn red chilli powder
- 2 green chillies
- 1/2 onion
- 1 tomato
- 160g spinach washed
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 10-15 cubes cottage cheese
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 diced onion
- 1 tbspn garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Reserved 1 cup water from grinder
- In a mixer grinder blitz together grinder ingredients and make a thick paste.
- In Heat a deep cooking pot add oil, when the oil is hot add mustard & cumin seeds.
- Add the sliced onions and stir till golden brown.
- Add the paneer/cottage cheese cubes and stir well till brown on all sides.
- Now add the grinder paste, stir and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the resereved water from the grinder and stir.
- Add the garam masala and stir again.
- Cover and simmer for few more minutes.
Serve warm with rice, naan or any bread of your choice with hot poppodams.
Tips: The lemon juice helps in mintaining the green colour and digestion of the spinach.
Please adjust heat as per your preference. If you prefer it a bit more tangy do add 1 tbspn lemon juice once again just before serving at the end
Courtesy : Indian Curry Recipez